Do you like mayonnaise on your sandwiches?
I like it, too.
Did you know you can use it in your hair?
I know many miss going to their favorite hairstylist during quarantine.
Here are some hacks to keep your hair manageable until you can return to the salon.
• Mayonnaise - For deep conditioning, place all over full head. Keep on for 20 minutes, you may use a shower cap.
• Egg mask- crack a few white eggs into a bowl. Apply to damp hair and comb through.
Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water. Shampoo hair and follow normal routine.
Whole egg and yolks-only treatments can be applied once a month.
Whites-only treatment can be applied every 2 weeks.
• Hand lotion-rub a coin sized amount into your hair to calm frizz. Use a toothbrush to brush down fine hairs.
• Baking soda-mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with water to create a fine paste and coat your scalp with it. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes then wash off. This helps for dandruff control.
• Going swimming? Put conditioner in your hair and leave in before getting into chlorine. This will help prevent it from drying out your hair strands.
Next week: How to maintain your hair color