LEXINGTON CHRISTMAS PARADE ROAD CLOSURES & DETOURS
Downtown Lexington will experience road closures this Sunday for the Town of Lexington Christmas Parade. The parade will begin at 3:30 pm.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 1:30 pm Dec. 2:
- West Butler Street, from Columbia Avenue to North Church Street.
- Haygood Avenue
- Meetze Street (partial closure)
These roads will be closed starting at 3:15 pm:
- West Main Street, from Columbia Avenue to North Lake Drive
- East Main Street at Harmon Street
- North Lake Drive at Dreher Street
- South Lake Drive at Fort Street
Major roadway detours will re-open at approximately 5 pm.
West Butler Street, from Columbia Avenue to South Church Street, will stay closed until all parade floats and participants have been cleared from the roadway.
The parade will use the route of Haygood Avenue to West Main Street/US-1 to North Lake Drive/SC-6.
Best viewing of this parade will be along West Main Street from Haygood Avenue to the intersection of Main Street at Lake Drive.
Please plan on arriving early as road closures and detours may complicate drop off and parking.
Follow the Lexington Police Department on Facebook and Twitter (@lexingtonpd) for updates.