Covid-19 claims another county life
17 new confirmed SC deaths and 2 probable deaths were reported Thursday.
An elderly Lexington County death and an elderly Richland County death occurred Tuesday.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control also announced:
1,492 new SC cases. 52 were in Lexington County and 97 in Richland County.
The highest counties in the state were Greenville with 235 and Spartanburg with 150.
Today's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 1,410/82 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 17/2 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 189,251/11,909
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 3,924/277
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 2,421,169
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/findatest)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 299
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 9,729 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 14.5% tested positive as infected.
- That means 85.5% tested negative as uninfected