Covid-19 survival rate continues to climb
SC covid-19 case rates remain high but virus deaths continue to fall.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control reported 4 covid deaths Wednesday.
None were in Lexington or Richland counties.
DHEC said Lexington County had 59 new cases and Richland 110.
Greenville County led the state again with 150 cases.
Horry County (Myrtle Beach) was 2nd with 120.
Today's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 1,243/84 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 4/0 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 197,652/13,253
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 4,015/302
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 2,599,832
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/findatest)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 288
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 8,991 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 13.8% tested positive for the virus.
- That means 86.2% tested negative as virus free.