Covid claims 2 more Lexington County lives
42 confirmed SC covid deaths and 9 probable deaths were reported Wednesday.
16 deaths were in Spartanburg County.
2 elderly deaths were in Lexington County and 1 in Richland County.
2,323 new confirmed SC cases and 87 probable cases were reported.
Lexington County had 154 new cases and Richland County 193.
Greemville County again had the highest number – 430 new cases.
DHEC Wednesday announced these covid-19 updates.
Cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 2,323/87 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 42/9 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 280,024/23,451
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 4,846/403
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 3,630,067
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/COVID19testing)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 306
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 7,391 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 31.4%% tested positive as virus infected.
- That means 68.6% tested negative as virus free.