Facebook facilitates faith online
Since faith is critical to many in Lexington County, Facebook offers a new Faith on Facebook Resource Hub.
It aims to enable people and religious leaders to remain connected to their faith and community.
“While we can’t gather in person for safety reasons, there are many ways we can stay in touch with our community and faith traditions, said Rob Godfrey who helps Facebook with outreach in the state.
“Facebook is providing meaningful support during these times with support like the Faith on Facebook toolkit that details old and new approaches for faith based organizations to continue to stay connected online.
“We have seen many churches broadcast services using Facebook Live. We expect this to continue as faith organizations move online.
Some resources include:
• Tips on how to host worship, prayer and study gatherings on Facebook Live
• How to build relationships and community through Facebook Groups
• Host watch parties to bring members together and share experiences
• Use Learning Units to help attract new members, hold group studies, and keep content organized
• Organize Facebook Fundraisers to raise support from your community.