Find out more about covid-19 in your county
Good news for covid-19 data junkies:
The SC Department of Health and Environmental Control has a new online dashboard.
It will provide detailed county-level data on local cases, deaths and other information,
This new dashboard was developed by DHEC’s data analysts, GIS specialists and epidemiologists.
“In what could traditionally take a year or more to develop, our public health and data specialists have built in months an in-depth and interactive online resource hat gives a breakdown of demographics, testing, hospitalizations and more for all 46 counties,” said Dr. Joan Duwve, DHEC Public Health Director.
“DHEC has been tracking county-specific data since the first cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state, but the agency’s efforts to consolidate this vast, evolving information into an online resource that will be updated daily is truly amazing,”
The dashboard is available by clicking the green “S.C. County-Level COVID-19 Data” button on the main COVID-19 landing page.
It will be accessible there for 10 days, after which time it will replace the “Demographics” webpage, as statewide and county-level demographics are both built into this new dashboard. Additional new localized data sets included are:
- race, ethnicity, gender and age for cases and deaths in each county
- percent positive for each county
- number of cases per day for each county, dating back to the beginning of March
- number of tests performed for each county (based on an individual’s county of residence)
- number of types of tests (serology or molecular) performed for each county (based on an individual’s county of residence)
- rate of testing per 100,000 residents for each county