Health officials to delay daily reports
Daily covid-19 data will be delayed 24 hours beginning Nov. 27.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control said this is a step to improving the quality of information it provides.
This will allow more robust analysis of data before it's publicly reported.
DHEC's epidemiologists and analysts will have more time to review and validate vast amounts of data and information, verify death reports and investigate data inconsistencies or abnormalities.
Case investigators will continue to attempt contact with all positive cases within 24 hours of our notification of their positive result.
The agency will not report daily covid-19 numbers on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Day.
Data for those 3 days will be provided the following day.
In Friday's report, DHEC reported 1 elderly death in Lexington County.
Statewide, 26 confirmed deaths and 5 probable deaths were reported.
1,561 new cases were reported, 76 in Lexington County..
Today's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 1,479/82 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 26/5 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 191,021/12,140
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 3,949/282
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 2,458,520
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/findatest)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 292
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 11,207 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 13.2% tested positive as infected,
- That means 86.8% tested negative as virus free.