No covid deaths in county
SC health officials reported 39 confirmed deaths and 8 probable deaths Thursday.
None were in Lexington County but Richland County lost an elderly patient Dec. 27.
Pickens County, home of Clemson University, lost 7 lives.
The state had 3,384 new cases, up from 2,480 new cases Wednesday.
Lexington County had 252 new cases and Richland County 267.
Greenville County had the most again Wednesday - 462 new cases but only 1 death.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control will not report daily covid-19 numbers on New Year’s Day.
Data that would be reported Jan. 1 will be available online the following day.
Thursday's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 3,234/150 Summary click here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 39/8 Summary click here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 283,424/24,083
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 4,885/411
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 3,663,351
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/findatest)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 280
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 10,369 new individual test results reported statewide (not including antibody tests)
- 31.2% tested positive as virus infected
- That means 68.8% tested negative as virus free.
- Hospital data (daily): scdhec.gov/COVID19hospitals
- Extended care facility data (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Assisted living visitation status (Tuesdays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Private, public and charter schools (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/schools
The information above as well as extensive reporting on county-level information, demographics and more is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19.