Only 4 SC covid-19 deaths, none in Lexington County
State health officials reported Saturday a dramatic drop in covid-19 deaths – only 4 Friday.
None of them were in Lexington or Richland counties.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control also reported:
- 40 new confirmed and 1 probable covid-19 cases in Lexington County.
- 72 new cases in Richland County.
- 1,491 new SC confirmed cases and 7 new probable cases.
- 35 additional SC confirmed deaths and 4 probable deaths.
This brings the confirmed SC cases to 90,076 probable cases to 523, confirmed deaths to 1,683, and 68 probable deaths.
As of yesterday, 766,492 tests have been conducted in the state.
8,075 individual test results were reported to DHEC yesterday statewide not including antibody tests.
That means 81.5% – or 6,581 individuals – tested negative as not being infected..
Residents can visit scdhec.gov/covid19testing for information about getting tested at one of 215 permanent SC sites.
As DHEC refines hospital bed data, they reported:
- ICU beds: 1,459 total; 326 available; 1,133 in use (77.66% utilization rate)
- COVID-19 patients hospitalized: 1,453; 359 in ICU; 235 ventilated