Beware of price gouging
With Hurricane Florence comes price gougers.
That's the warning from SC Attorney General Alan Wilson.
The state law against price gouging went into effect when Gov. Henry McMaster declared a state of emergency.
If you feel you are a price gouging victim, please:
1. Note the time, place, address, and name of the gas station or business
2. Note the price you paid
3. Note nearby prices and the same information on those stations or businesses
4. Take phone photos to identify the business and the price
5. Provide your name and contact information
6. Email information email@example.com or call 803-737-3953 and leave a message if you see a violation.